Book Ordering Calendar
By ordering at planned levels through the year, the Acquisitions Department spends funds responsibly, maintains a consistent workflow, and increases the timeliness and percentage of order fulfillment.
- Final departmental allocations announced for current fiscal year (FY).
First monthly budget report sent to departments
- August 31
- Departments should have 25% of allocation encumbered/expended.
- September 30
- Additional 10% encumbered (minimum); total 35%
- October 31
- Additional 10% encumbered; total 45%
- November 30
- Additional 10% encumbered; total 55%
- December 31
- Additional 10% encumbered; total 65%
- January 31
- Additional 10% encumbered; total 75%
- February 28
- Additional 10% encumbered; total 85%
- March 31
- Additional 10% encumbered; total 95%
- Liaisons and Faculty Representatives notified to review all orders on
hand in Acquisitions and establish new priorities if needed.
- April 15
- Last day Acquisitions will accept book requests from departments for current
- Additional 5% encumbered; total 100%
- Once departmental funds are fully encumbered, book orders submitted will
be applied to the next FY. Any funds not encumbered by April 15 may be transferred
to the library resources pool.
- June 15
- Funds expended; ready for fiscal closing in system
- June 30
- End of current FY
- July 1
- Beginning of new FY