Check Out Locations
Jackson Library materials may be borrowed at these service points:
- The Check Out Desk located on the first floor at the Elliott University Center-Library Connector entrance facing Stirling St. and the Walker Ave. traffic circle:
- Two Self Check Express machines on the first floor, one on the Check Out Desk and one in the first floor hallway between the Check Out Desk and the tower elevators:
- Most library books, audiobooks and DVDs can be borrowed on the Self Checks. Why wait in line? Use Self Check Express instead! View the Self CheckExpress tutorial. (link tutorial)
- UNCG ID is required for UNCG students, faculty, and staff; FOL membership cards for Friends of the UNCG Libraries members. Other borrowers may be able to use the Self Check Express machines if they have the required form of ID; ask at the Check Out Desk.
- UNCG students, faculty and staff and Friends of the Libraries may borrow DVDs. After borrowing DVDs, they must be unlocked after exiting the library. Devices for this purpose are located just past the exit gates at the Connector and College Avenue exits.
- The Express Desk located on the first floor at the College Avenue entrance:
- Most library books, audio books and DVDs can be borrowed at this desk. Returns are not accepted at this desk; however, a drop for books and DVDs is located across the hall.
Schiffman Music Library, Teaching Resources Center, Multicultural
Resources Center and Interior
Architecture Library materials may be borrowed at the service desks in
their respective libraries.
your convenience, check out our additional indoor and outdoor book drop locations
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.