Checked Out Material Requests
This service is available only to UNCG students, faculty, staff and Friends of the UNCG Libraries.
When searching the Library's catalog, you may find that needed items are checked out. You may place a request to have these items held for you when they are returned via:
- Clicking on the Place Hold button that found on checked out items. You will be asked to enter your My Library Account username and password.
- Filling out a Request Card at the Check Out Desk.
Hold requests are subject to the following:
- Requests prevent items from being renewed.
- Requests placed by UNCG students, faculty and staff are filled in the order placed. Requests placed by FOLs are filled in the order placed after all other requests are filled.
- Items requested to go on reserve for classes taught at UNCG are recalled and cancel all other requests. To request that a checked out item be placed on reserve, instructors should submit a request to place the item on reserve.
- Upon return requested items are placed on hold for 7 days. Pick up notifications are emailed to UNCG email accounts; to email addresses given when registered at the Check Out Desk by FOLs.
All borrowers are subject to these policies:
- All requested items are subject to immediate recall for course reserves and other extreme circumstances as determined by Access Services Staff.
- Recalled items are assigned a Recall Due Date that may supersede the original due date. Not returning items by the Recall Due Date may result in:
- Loss of borrowing and renewing privileges until the items are returned or replaced.
- A non-negotiable, non-refundable $75.00 fee per item added to the library account of the borrower that is in addition to any overdue fines and billing fees owed based on the original due date.
- Items with due dates but no Place Hold button cannot be requested online or in person.
- UNCG faculty and staff can request Campus Book Delivery of books in the Jackson and Schiffman Music Libraries with the status of “Available” by filling out an Interlibrary Loan request form.
- Holds cannot be placed on items with the status “Available”. If an “Available” item is not found on the shelf, see Requests for Missing Materials or ask at the Check Out Desk for assistance.
- You may not be the first in line to receive a requested item. You can see your order in the hold queue in by viewing your library account or staff at the Check Out Desk can tell you how many requests are ahead of yours.
- Patrons may cancel their requests on the Holds tab in My Library Account or by contacting the Check Out Desk.
- When items requested by patrons are recalled for reserves, requesting patrons will be notified that the item is on reserve and may be borrowed at the Check Out Desk and used according to the reserve loan period.
Please contact the Libraries if you have any questions or concerns. We will be glad to try to assist you.