Checked Out Material Requests
This service is available only to UNCG students, faculty, staff and Friends of the UNCG Libraries.
When searching the Library's catalog, you may find that needed items are checked out. You may place a request via the Request Link on a checked out item or by filling out a Request Card at the Checkout Desk to have these items held for you when they are returned.
- Requests prevent items from being renewed.
- Requests placed by UNCG students, faculty and staff are filled in the order placed. Requests placed by FOLs are filled in the order placed after all other requests are filled.
- Items requested to go on reserve for classes taught at UNCG are recalled and cancel all other requests. To request that a checked out item be placed on reserve, submit a request to place the item on reserve.
- Upon return requested items are placed on hold for 7 days. Pick up notifications are emailed to UNCG email accounts; to email addresses given when registered at the Checkout Desk by FOLs.
All borrowers are subject to these policies:
- All requested items are subject to immediate recall for course reserves and other extreme circumstances as determined by Access Services Staff.
- Recalled items are assigned a Recall Due Date that may supersede the original due date. Not returning items by the Recall Due Date may result in:
- Loss of borrowing and renewing privileges until the items are returned or replaced.
- A non-negotiable, non-refundable $75.00 fee per item added to the library account of the borrower that is in addition to any overdue fines and billing fees owed based on the original due date.
- Items with the status “Available” cannot be requested; these items should be on the shelf available for immediate checkout. If an “Available” item is not found on the shelf, see Requests for Missing Materials or ask at the Checkout Desk for assistance.
- Items with due dates but no request link cannot be requested online or in person.
- You may not be the first in line to receive a requested item. Staff at the Checkout Desk can tell you how many requests are ahead of yours.
- When items requested by patrons are recalled for reserves, requesting patrons will be notified that the item is on reserve and may be borrowed at the Checkout Desk and used according to the reserve loan period.