Overdue Fines and Fees:
Borrowing and renewing privileges may be blocked when fine and/or fees are owed. *
Stacks, Current Literature, Audio Book, Paperback and Storage Items:
- No overdue fines are charged for items borrowed or renewed on May 12, 2014 or after. See policy regarding lost fees below.
Reading Room/Entertainment DVDs:
- $1 per day per item with a maximum accumulation of $40 per item.
- No grace period.
- All items are due by midnight or closing; if earlier, on the due date.
Reserves and Instructional Films:
- Reserves and Instructional Films have higher fine rates, no grace period or maximum fine and fines are charged around the clock.
- Items are due at the time stated on the checkout receipt.
* While UNCG Faculty is exempt from paying overdue fines, they are responsible for any fees owed. When faculty accounts exceed $99.99 owed, they are blocked from borrowing or renewing until the balance is reduced.
Fees are charged to replace and to compensate for efforts involved in processing unreturned and damaged items.
- Replacement costs are charged when items are returned or renewed after a specified amount of time after their due date (8 days for Course Reserves, DVDs, Tech Lending and AV Equipment; 40 days for Stacks, Current Literature, Audiobook and Paperback books), declared lost by the borrower or damaged beyond repair.
- Each item billed will also include a $20. processing fee, see description below.
- Charges vary according to type of item. Examples: the total replacement cost including the processing fee of standard books and Reading Room/Entertainment DVDs is $85.
- Replacing items may be a less costly alternative.
- $20. per item service fee included in the replacement cost of items borrowed from the Libraries and affiliates.
- $15. per item service fee charged to UNCG students, faculty and staff for items borrowed from any of the libraries with which the UNCG Libraries’ have a cooperative borrowing program for which we receive a bill.
- Fee added to damage charges to compensate for staff time and effort in repair, reorder, and re-cataloging processes. Fee is determined by the amount of staff time and effort required.
- Processing fees are still owed if item is returned or replaced.
Referral to Collections:
- $15. service fee charged to compensate for referring delinquent accounts to an outside collection agency.
- Charged to compensate for repairs or permanent damages to items. Examples of damages include, but are not limited to, writing/highlighting, missing pages, dog-eared pages, stains and other damages resulting from water, liquid, food spills, etc.
- Charges vary depending upon the extent of the damage.
- Charges may include a processing fee.
Failure to Return Recalled Items:
- Non-negotiable, non-refundable $75 per item fee that is in addition to any overdue fines, replacement and processing fees owed.